Sunday 23 June 2013

Dupe Swatch Essie Cute As A Button vs Lancome Peach Appeal 362B

Good Evening All :o)

I have made it my mission to get a dupe for the popular Essie Cute As A Button. I think I have found one that is pretty close although maybe ever so slightly more red and not so jelly like.
And that colour is.......Lancome Vernis In Love Peach Appeal 362B. This is the first time I have used a Lancome varnish, and I have to say that I actually quite like it. It had a perfect flat, rounded, square brush which made painting my nails a breeze, not only that but it was a one coater pretty much. I don't love or hate Essie, I think it's ok, I will only purchase it with interest in the colour as the new brush is simply horrendous. 

So here it is, my first attempt at a dupe...Essie Cute As A Button vs Lancome Peach Appeal 362B
I think they look pretty close, maybe the Lacome in this photo looks a little more pink.

Here they are on the nails...Essie Cute As A Button vs Lancome Peach Appeal 362B.
Lancome is on the index and ring finger, Essie is on the pinkie and middle finger.

Essie Cute As A Button vs Lancome Peach Appeal 362B.
Lancome on the index and ring finger, Essie on the pinkie and middle finger. As you can see the finish on the Lancome is beautiful, the finish on the Essie not so great, it is also a thinner formula.

Essie Cute As A Button vs Lancome Peach Appeal 362B.
Lancome is on the index and ring finger, Essie is on the pinkie and middle finger. 

Essie Cute As A Button vs Lancome Peach Appeal 362B.
Lancome is on the index and ring finger, Essie is on the pinkie and middle finger. I apologise of the messy index finger, my lighting wasn't great while doing this swatch!

I think I will definitely invest in more Lancome varnish, I have chosen some other colour which I am sure will arrive shortly, so I'm excited to share those with you.
What lets me down is the Essie formula and brush, against the Lancome one it's poor. The Essie brush, since it has changed, is so wide and disorganised that it is actually bigger than my nail itself, it makes painting the nail impossible at times. I will however continue to buy Essie as their colours can be stunning.

Big thumbs up for the find me thinks and another for Lancome :o)

Do you know of a close dupe to Essie Cute As A Button?

Love Lola xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for comments, it means a lot that you have taken the time and I love reading them. I endeavour to get back to each and every comment.
Thank you :o)