Monday 10 June 2013

China Glaze Neon & On & On Swatch - Sunsational Collection

Good Evening All :o)

A friend and I did a joint, over the top purchase on NailPolishDirect and so here come the fist post of a long line of swatches from the haul. I wont say everything we brought as to be honest I can't actually remember and plus it can be a surprise! 

The first colour I want to show you, and between us we actually have two from the China Glaze Sunsation Collection, is China Glaze Neon & On & On. I can't even begin to express my disappointment, the appalling formula and to boot a rubbish brush to try and paint it on with, effecting in a poorly varnished nail, there is nothing I hate more!! China Glaze Neon & On & On does not self level, it doesn't cover the nail in two coats, even in three it was streaky. All in all if it was mine I would have 'lobbed' it out the window.

Apart from the formula, which is utter cat urine, it was so watery it ran down the nail and now looks like I have a misshapen nail, (I do because I read too much) but I didn't need that drip forming making it obvious. Yes it was probably my fault for applying too thickly but I just couldn't get the coverage how I wanted it. The brush was just as bad, you may as well use a tooth pick, the colour was actually pretty cool though...in the end. I had given it a mega coat of Seche Vite Top Coat to try and even out the bumps and lumps, and true to form it did that, and actually made me warm to it a little more. I really really would not recommend this polish without a topcoat.

Here you are China Glaze Neon & On & On with Top Coat. (Natural sunlight)

On the up side also, is the fact that its really easy to remove, if you make a mistake it doesn't take much to correct it, although it is very easy then to take away too much.

China Glaze Neon & On & On, natural light.

China Glaze Neon & On & On, natural light with flash. I would say this a true representation of the China Glaze Neon & On & On in direct sunlight, pretty isn't it?! I thought so too, then I suddenly get flash back of application and start frothing at the mouth, I then get an urge to rant and rave to a stranger. Nahh not really...but I do get annoyed ha ha ha!!!

One more for you...China Glaze Neon & On & On

Over all, I would say only to buy the polish if you REALLY want the colour, if you are undecided on the colour I wouldn't waste the money, I won't be using this colour any time again soon.
Just a little trivia out there, I was once told by a rep that neon nail varnish is impossible to get in gloss finish, due to the neon pigment used they dry matte. So...never buy a neon and expect it to be glossy, they all need a top coat if you want the gloss finish...

Removal was really easy, but longevity wasn't great, without a decent top coat you may get 2 days if you are lucky.

I'm so sorry to all those that love the Sunsational Collection and sorry if I offend you in this post, I'm just not a fan, Jessica neons beat these hands down. I will swatch my Jessica Pink Explosion shortly and you can see for yourself.


Love Lola xx




2 comments:

  1. What is the name of the nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie, the name of the polish is Neon & On & On. You can get it here -> http://www.nailpolishdirect.co.uk/

      Delete

Thank you so much for comments, it means a lot that you have taken the time and I love reading them. I endeavour to get back to each and every comment.
Thank you :o)